Monday, March 7, 2011

What A Day!

Saturday was possibly one of the best days of my life. Of course, you are probably wondering just why I'd make such a claim. To understand this, you must first understand that for the past month I have been in a very dark place. I was so gloomy that I literally didn't know whether I'd make it through the semester feeling the way I felt. I was struggling with feelings of isolation and constantly on edge, without a positive release. I just wanted to explode.

That's when my friends came. I met them at Union Station and from there our journey was nothing short of incredible. Of course, if I were to give you a play-by-play, you'd probably think there was nothing significant about it. The fact of the matter was that my heart almost exploded inside my chest, I froze my butt off, nearly dislocated my shoulder carrying one of my friends' bags, ate way too much pizza, nearly fell asleep sitting up at their hotel, got a fever and migraine at the worst possible moment, and ultimately pushed my body so hard that it was about to break down. So how could all that horrible stuff have occurred on the same day that was the one of, if not the best day of my life thus far?

Because my friends were there. It was suddenly like a huge fog had lifted and I could see, think, hear, smell, and taste clearly again. Everything confusing in the world made sense to me again. It was like the perspective I had lost was coming back to me and nothing that I was stressing about up to that point seemed to matter. The only thing bad that happened was that I had to say goodbye. I didn't want to do it, but I knew I had to. I was so exhausted that I knew my body would start to fail me sooner than later, then I'd be in real trouble and I'd be screwed. When I hugged them each in parting, I didn't want to let go, and in truth I feel like a piece of me is with them even now. I think that I left a little piece of my heart in each of theirs so that I can be with them wherever I go, and wherever they are; I can be there too.

Have I become a complete cliche and a sap yet? Yes? Oh well... I can't help how I feel at this point. I'm still on Cloud Nine, there's still a silver lining, and the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter than ever.

Can't stop the signal,
James

1 comment:

  1. That put a smile on my face, a tear in my eye and made my heart swell so much in response to your happiness!!
    God Bless you! <3

    ReplyDelete